Founded in 1956, Widex is now one of the world’s leading hearing aid manufacturers. Their headquarters are in Denmark and they sell their products in over 100 different countries. The company motto is ‘Helping people hear is our business’.
|Product||Boots Price||hearingaid.org.uk Price||thehearingadvice
|Widex unique 100||£845 per pair||n/a||n/a|
|Widex unique 50||£495 per pair||n/a||n/a|
|Widex Evoke 440||n/a||£1,695 per aid, or £2,895 per pair||n/a|
|Widex Evoke 330||n/a||£1,395 per aid, or £2,395 per pair||n/a|
|Widex Evoke 220||n/a||£1,095 per aid, or £1,995 per pair||£1,295 per aid|
|Widex Evoke 110||n/a||£795 per aid, or £1,495 per pair||£1,095 per aid|
|Widex Unique 440||n/a||£1,595 per aid, or £2,695 per pair||n/a|
|Widex Unique 330||n/a||£1,395 per aid, or £2,295 per pair||n/a|
|Widex Unique 220||n/a||£1,095 per aid, or £1,995 per pair||£1,295 per aid|
|Widex Unique 110||n/a||£795 per aid, or £1,495 per pair||£1,095 per aid|
The Widex Unique products provide a large range of options that are developed for specific hearing loss and lifestyles. The higher the number of the model, the more advanced the technology is, and that is reflected in the prices. Unique 440 is the premium product and is recommended for active lifestyles, whilst the Unique 220 and 110 models are more suitable for those with less active lifestyles.
This is claimed by Widex to be the world’s first smart hearing aid, that evolves and learns from situations to keep improving the experience for you. With a built-in Fluid Sound Controller, the aid adapts quickly to changes. Evoke 440 is the premium product bringing the best performance from the Evoke range.
On Trustpilot, widex.dk has received 3 ratings but all three were classed as bad.
From 43 ratings on consumeraffairs.com Widex scored an average rating of 2.5/5 stars and comments included:
- I am absolutely ecstatic with my new devices.
- The music is crystal clear and realistic, and a phone app with built in equalizer is really amazing.
- My Widex Beyond hearing aids have greatly improved my hearing and I’m very pleased overall.
- I was excited to have the bluetooth connection feature to my iPhone 6 for phone calls and other streaming.
- Every few months the batteries die, probably has happened five or six times.
- Bluetooth connection was intermittent to none on
- Depleted a new battery on a daily basis then quit in entirety.
- Most frustrating on such an expensive investment!
From 6 reviews on consumeradvocate.org, Widex received a ‘Very Good‘ rating overall with particularly good ratings on their additional services and product offerings.
- Machine learning and AI is the latest technology out there
- Good user experience of the app
- Automatically responds to listening environments
- Rechargeable models available
- Very natural sound
- Not as big a reputation as other manufacturers
- Issues reported regarding battery life
- Some moisture related problems in reviews
- Feedback when touching aid
You can find out more about the range of Widex hearing aid products on their website – widex.co.uk.