Unitron is a top hearing aid manufacturer which is part of Sonova and was founded in Canada in 1964. They have won 5 Red Dot Awards and now have 28 locations across the world, with third-party partners in over 70 additional countries.
|Product||Boots Price||hearingaid.org.uk Price||thehearingaid
|Unitron North Pro||£1,895 per pair||£1,395 per aid, or £1,995 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron North 800||£1,645 per pair||£1,195 per aid, or £1,695 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron North 700||£1,450 per pair||£995 per aid, or £1,395 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron North 600||£1,145 per pair||£695 per aid, or £995 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron North 500||£945 per pair||£595 per aid, or £795 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron Tempus Pro||n/a||£1,695 per aid, or £3,295 per pair||£1,695 per aid|
|Unitron Tempus 800||n/a||£1,595 per aid, or £3,095 per pair||£1,595 per aid|
|Unitron Tempus 700||n/a||£1,295 per aid, or £2,495 per pair||£1,295 per aid|
|Unitron Tempus 600||n/a||£995 per aid, or £1,895 per pair||n/a|
|Unitron Tempus 500||n/a||£595 per aid, or £1,095 per pair||£695 per aid|
The Insera range are hearing aids that are placed inside the ear and are custom made. Available as a full shell, half shell or Mini Canal, CIC or IIC. They are all powered by the Tempus platform and comes in the following tech levels: Pro, 800, 700, 600 and 500 with Pro being the premium hearing aid that includes improvements such as more listening environments (7), Speech Focus and Dynamic Spatial Awareness which are not featured in the other models.
The Moxi range also comes in different tech levels of Pro, 800, 700, 600 and 500. The Pro offers more listening environments, Bluetooth, Dynamic Spatial Awareness and Speech Focus. All Moxi models provide frequency compression, feedback manager, wind control and noise reduction.
Consumeraffairs.com has received 11 consumer reviews with an average rating of 2/5 stars. The majority of these reviews cited issues with volume control, difficulty using in a noisy environment and repairs required on a regular frequency. The comments on this site included:
- So far no problem with the phone function but the conversation in noisy environments is hopeless.
- The overall sound quality is absolutely abysmal in everyday situations.
- There was no discernible difference with the upgrade.
- Each year they need to be sent in for repair, or replacement.
- I feel my aids rank very high in reliability.
- In 4 years, I can count all my problems of any sort on one hand.
- The remote control is outstanding – the best over all I have seen.
- The ability to store new settings within a basic adjustment range is wonderful as is the sound sharpening feature.
Consumersadvocate.org received more positive reviews for Unitron but were only based from 7 reviews, with an overall rating of 3.5/5 and ranked as Very Good. They scored highest for their reputation 4/5 but lowest for their product offerings 3/5. Consumer comments included:
- I would not recommend these hearing aids , they will not hold a charge!
- I can only get about five hours of hearing from them.
- Frankly the best performing for me were my previous Moxi 20s which had no Bluetooth features.
- Seems the more features added above and beyond hearing processing abilities are of limited value for most users and add to cost and potential malfunctions.
Review of the Moxi All:
- Solid Performers, Great Features, No Limitations
- Lots of different styles
- Wide range of prices
- Sound sharpening feature
- SoundNav provides automatic conversation recognition
- Natural sound quality
- Users complaining of frequent repairs
- Some issues with following conversations in noisier environments
- No streamed audio from phone
Visit the unitron.com website to find out more about these hearing aid products.